Coffee and chocolate will always be a winning combination—no matter what time of year it is. But if it was summer, wouldn't it be lovely frozen and served on a stick? Of course it would. Any chocolate sauce or chip combination will work in the recipe—dark, milk or white. You will need moulds for ice pops for this recipe, and you'll also need a bit of time.
- FiXX Organic Cold Brewed
- Simple syrup (sugar dissolved in water 1:1)
- DaVinci Chocolate Sauce
- Chocolate Chips
- First things first, prepare your cold brew. Submerge 40g of coarsely ground FiXX Organic in 500ml of cold water in an airtight container.
- Mix well to ensure all the coffee is equally saturated. Then leave to brew for 12-18 hours. After this, strain well, and you've got your cold brew.
- While waiting for the cold brew, drizzle chocolate sauce into your moulds along the sides and form a little pool on the bottom.
- Place these in the freezer to solidify.
- When your cold brew is ready, combine 200ml of your coffee with 5ml of simple syrup.
- Leave some space at the top of your mould for the choc-chips, but don't add them yet.
- Put the mould in the freezer for 30min to semi-freeze the liquid.
- At this point, add your chips, put the stick in place and add to the freezer until frozen solid.
- To remove the ice pops easily, pour hot water on the outside of the moulds before removing them.