It is incredibly easy to infuse your favourite spirit with your favourite FiXX. And it is a great way to add a layer of flavour to a cocktail. The coffee-to-alcohol ratio we used was 1:6-7 (approx). To infuse your spirits, you will need...
What You Need
- Wwhole-bean coffee
- A jar or any sealable container
- A way to strain the beans. I used a V60 with filter paper, but a sieve and kitchen towel would work fine.
- In your container of choice, add your favourite FiXX beans. If using a 700ml bottle, this would equate to 105g of coffee beans. If you want to start small, 30g of coffee in 200ml works well.
- Next, pour in your spirit of choice. Whiskey works remarkably well. But so too will Bourbon and Vodka. These three options will lend themselves well to upcoming cocktail recipes.
- Leave to infuse for 48 hours, occasionally stirring during this period.
- After 48 hours, strain the coffee beans.
- Using a funnel, you can return the coffee-infused spirit to the bottle it came from.
- You can now enjoy this coffee-infused drink straight away over ice. Or use it as a base to experiment with cocktails. Enjoy!