BBQ season is here again. With the sun hot and high, the drinks will be cold. So you'd be forgiven for thinking there's not much room for coffee. Well, think again. The Black Coffee Steak is your favourite FiXX with a twist. This rub is an excellent addition to your BBQ menu, combining an earthy umami flavour of coffee with sweetness and spiciness.
- 3 tsp of your favourite FiXX - finely ground
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Onion Salt
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- When your steak is at room temperature, rub with olive oil and generously apply the dry rub all over.
- Leave to sit for at least 30min.
- When your grill/griddle pan is smoking hot, add your steak.
- Turn once after two minutes and cook for another one and a half minutes.
- Remove from the heat a leave to rest for six more minutes. Then, enjoy!
This rub will also work well with Tofu steak. Just adjust your cooking technique accordingly.