Valentine’s Day Love Potion and French Kiss Coffee
We came across these fun and easy coffee recipes, perfect for Valentine’s Day in “I Love Coffee” by Susan Zimmer.
Why not try your hand at preparing these drinks. We would love to hear how you get on.
Love Potion Latte
30ml (1oz) orange flavoured syrup or liqueur
30ml (1oz) hazelnut flavoured syrup or liqueur
113ml (4 oz) hot fresh espresso
250ml (8oz) milk
Cocoa powder for garnish OR Ground cinnamon for garnish
- Pour the syrups into 2 latte mugs
- Pour the hot espresso into the cups
- Steam the milk until it has almost doubled in volume
- Dollop the frothed milk into the cups
- Dust with cocoa or cinnamon and serve immediately.
French Kiss Café Latte
15ml (1/2 oz) vanilla flavoured syrup, Irish cream liqueur or coffee flavoured liqueur
15ml (1/2 oz) caramel syrup or orange flavoured liqueur.
113ml (4 oz) steamed milk
60ml (2oz) hot espresso
Whipped cream for garnish
- Pour the syrups into 2 stemmed glasses
- Add the steamed milk but do not stir
- Add the espresso to the milk mixture
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream
- Serve with a kiss!
Happy Valentine’s Day!